We've spent the better part of the last week studying the trait of Voice and how important it is to establish that connection with your reader. To practise, we wrote letters to Santa with a certain voice in mind that we selected at random. Enjoy!!
Dear Santa, I know I will be on the naughty list so I have included in this letter a 50 dollar bill. So get me lots of loot!!!!!!!!! First I want a Barbie doll dream house. Then I want some dress up clothes and a watch. Also I want a pellet gun to shoot pesky neighbor cats. They always scratch me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I want 1 million boxes of toffifees. If you fail this task then you will have 2 strikes. And remember three strikes and you’re out! (One day this letter with be worth a lot of money so I will recommend you keep it then sell it to buy more toys.)
Dear Santa, I hope you are making the certain amount of toys in a pattern instead of just plopping wood and such together. I have a way but I won’t tell you. It is way too complicated for you. For Christmas I would like to get a scientific calculator. I hope it’s blue. One that has a button for pie. I would enjoy a textbook for the classes Math, Science and Social Studies. All in intermediate level. I really want the computer game called Math Facts 101. The last thing is an outfit I saw at a store. I forget what it’s called but it is a blue sweater vest with yellow and white diamonds. I hope you are enjoy the time you have left at the North Pole with Mrs. Claus, the elves and the reindeer and make the recipe I left you on the plate filled with my non-fat cookies and skim milk. You may notice the carrots are for the reindeer. I hope you enjoy the cookies and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Dear Santa December 15 2010 I have been super super good for the past 3 months and you should have been good also. I wish that we could meet this year and we could play some games and watch tv. Then we could deliver presents and so forth. So have the elves been good? Well onto my list. For christmas I would like these things… -my little ponies -barbies -littlest pet shops -little mommy doll -baby alive
hi santa I wanted to say thanks for the lap -top last year but I mean you could have given me a 2011 one I mean dig in your pocket. But I guess you don`t have time because you eat all the cookies up there and maybe even some elves, you never know. Any way this year I want a 62 inch flat screen TV and this time I want you to get me a new one this year not a 2009 I mean it`s shiny but maybe for you but I want a new one .And just for you I’ll throw in a cookie so then you don`t have to scarf down one of my our wife’s .and I want a cell phone not a $200 one I want a $1000 one, one that has a big M on the back with real diamonds but not fake real R.E.A.L diamonds. And if it breaks I`m sending it back ,and after three times there might not be a big guy in a red velvet suit for as wile OK. You can put your raindeer on the roof but on the back so you don`t mess up the new shingles And if you come down the chimney you will turn black and not be white. If you come throw the door whip your feet so you don`t run our new hard wood floors like you did last year. So come to my house first and I`ll get the best presents because they will be fresh from the sack. I mean you wouldn`t forget about a child would you, what kind of Santa does that not a good one.
December 17th Dear Santa, Hi Santa,I do not really think that I deserve anything this year. So I don’t even know why I’m writing this letter. I hope the elves aren’t working hard. But if you have any time left over I would really like a new volleyball, the new IPod Nano, An IPad, baseball bat, Books, new baseball glove, fuzzy socks, Egg nog, and Archie Comics. That is all I want this year. Say hi to the reindeers for me. How are the elves this year? I hope that they get a holiday bonus in their paycheque. They work very hard, unlike me because I never do ANYTHING. Sincerely, :)
Dear Santa My name is Nick. I am 12 years old. My brother’s name is Cole. He is 8 years old. . I am not too sure if you are real. For Christmas I want Call of Duty Black Ops for my PS3 . Hope you have a good Christmas . From , Nick
Dear Santa Ok Santa listen now I did not get what I wanted last year and I’m frustrated with you your wife and your elf’s. This year I want the same stuff I wanted for the last three years and if I don’t get it I will be frustrated. This year I want a laptop a quad and a dirt bike. Then when I came to see you at the rink all you gave me is some oranges, suckers, and, mints and they are gross. When I go to sleep on Christmas Eve I never here you and you never give me any present’s that say Santa on them. So if I don’t get what I want this year I will be really frustrated with you.
Dear Santa, My name is Stanley. I am 500 years old and still writing to you. I like to go dinosaur riding and singing about monkeys. I drowned three years ago in the desert on Christmas vacation. My mom thinks I’ve been very good and deserve lots of presents. If I get presents I’ll be mad I hate presents. Has your sleigh been lopsided? Because last year you forgot one of your reindeers at my house. Don’t worry I’ve been feeding him lots of candy canes. For Christmas I want lots of barbies and Polly pockets. Because I love girly toys even though I’m a BOY!!!!!! I want a fire truck, a dragon, a castle and a donkey. Not like you’d get it for me you never do. Unless you’re going to be really sad and depressed and make me them. Who am I kidding you’re always happy and jolly. Oh and a pony because I love getting trampled to death. I want an encyclopaedia, a pocket protector and a map because it’s my dream to be a nerd. I also want laundry detergent because I do my own laundry. Like that’s believable. Anyways Santa I guess I should tell you what I really want but I’m sure you’ll figure it out. Remember no presents. Your friend, Stanley
Dear Santa Santa have you been having a good year. I hope so. I’ve been having a great year. I’ve gotten all A’s in school and have written a children’s book on how to stay healthy while winter.
I would like a laptop to write all my essays and a daily planner. I don’t want to be greedy but I would also like a filing cabinet. To keep all of my stuff organized.
I hope you have a good Christmas and a great year of 2011 and remember to keep the elves busy. And don’t work too hard.
Dear Santa, What’s your problem? You are so fat, no wonder you didn’t have time to deliver my presents, you would probably break a hole in the bottom of the sleigh before you could get to my house. Maybe you should lay off the cookies for a while, so that you can bring me my awesome presents. By the way if you don’t bring me my presents this year, there won’t be a Santa left for next year. For Christmas I need you to get me…….. 1.) A dirt bike (preferably a three thousand dollar one) 2.) A Rottweiler (to eat your pants) 3.) An alarm system for around the fireplace (so I know when to get my handcuffs ready) 4.) And another pair of handcuffs (for your feet) You better have read this letter because I’ll be mad if you didn’t. It will be lots of fun using my handcuffs on you. Oh and will you please get me a cat for Christmas but don’t tell my friends they’ll laugh at me and call me a sissy. Truly, Mad dog
Dear Santa, Hello there Saint Nickolas, and how are things going for you? Are you keeping up with your schedule? I most certainly hope you are. I know that a lot of people in my class may try to slow you down by including many things onto their wish list. But do not worry, for I wouldn’t do such a thing (or at least try my best not to). I am delighted that I at last get to write to you again after a whole year. Well then, I bet you would like to hear what I would like for this year’s Christmas, am I correct? For Christmas I would like a new and improved math textbook. Oh, oh, oh! I just remembered something I really wanted! A book on grammar, as well as one of those amazing dictionaries with every English word there has ever been in all of history! In case you haven’t noticed throughout all my letters I have sent you, I love reading. Any large book will satisfy me. Maybe I could also use a specialized laptop with a bunch of history and math facts and games on it. Alright, well, I guess that must be enough stuff for me. I’m sure you will get at least one thing on my list for me. I must skedaddle now and study for a test now. Good-bye Santa, and have a great Christmas.
Dear Santa, Hi Santa! I am a girl in Mrs. Maks’s ELA class. I have shoulder length hair with blue eyes and glasses. I’m soooooo happy! This is my favorite time of year, all the presents, candy, caroling and the big family PARTY!! I am thrilled that I get to send you ALL the things I want/need (mostly want). --Snowboard --Cell phone --IPod touch --Buckskin horse --50,000 dollars (so I can buy my family presents and still have plenty over for ME!) --All the warrior books there ever were! --A HUGE swimming pool --I would also love to meet you and the elves! I said that last year but you never let me!! But I hope this year you will. --A pet wolf --Make school more fun! --A lot of horses -- Kitty cats! --Might as well a farm with animals but no pigs! -- (going along with the last one) Sheep, cows, horses, cats, dogs, goats and donkeys! --I Pad I am really thrilled that you WILL get me ALL these things. I hope Mrs. Claus is doing great and same with the elves and you too Santa!
Dear Santa, You should give me everything in the world because I have been the best kid ever. I’m just kidding but you should send me a couple of things. If you don’t send me anything I will come to the North Pole and take all of the presents. Ha ha just kidding again. But please send me something. Here are a couple of things I want. I would like a life sized race car. I don’t actually want a life sized one a toy one would be just fine. I also want a pony with a saddle with flowers all over it. NOT. I’m not a little girl. I am 12 years old. Anyways I would also like a 50 story building. I don’t think that is realistic so I just want a dollhouse. If you believed that then you have a bad memory because I said I wasn’t a little girl. I actually want supplies for my tree house. So you better send me stuff or I am going to take all the presents. If you believed that then you have a super bad memory because I said just kidding. But have a good Christmas and a good flight around the world. Sincerely, joshie
December 15, 2010
ReplyDeleteDear Santa, I know I will be on the naughty list so I have included in this letter a 50 dollar bill. So get me lots of loot!!!!!!!!! First I want a Barbie doll dream house. Then I want some dress up clothes and a watch. Also I want a pellet gun to shoot pesky neighbor cats. They always scratch me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I want 1 million boxes of toffifees.
If you fail this task then you will have 2 strikes. And remember three strikes and you’re out! (One day this letter with be worth a lot of money so I will recommend you keep it then sell it to buy more toys.)
From the nicest girl in the world Sally Bargo
Dear Santa,
ReplyDeleteI hope you are making the certain amount of toys in a pattern instead of just plopping wood and such together. I have a way but I won’t tell you. It is way too complicated for you.
For Christmas I would like to get a scientific calculator. I hope it’s blue. One that has a button for pie. I would enjoy a textbook for the classes Math, Science and Social Studies. All in intermediate level. I really want the computer game called Math Facts 101. The last thing is an outfit I saw at a store. I forget what it’s called but it is a blue sweater vest with yellow and white diamonds.
I hope you are enjoy the time you have left at the North Pole with Mrs. Claus, the elves and the reindeer and make the recipe I left you on the plate filled with my non-fat cookies and skim milk. You may notice the carrots are for the reindeer. I hope you enjoy the cookies and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Signed,
S. Marty Pants
Dear Santa December 15 2010
ReplyDeleteI have been super super good for the past 3 months and you should have been good also. I wish that we could meet this year and we could play some games and watch tv. Then we could deliver presents and so forth. So have the elves been good? Well onto my list.
For christmas I would like these things…
-my little ponies
-barbies
-littlest pet shops
-little mommy doll
-baby alive
Well thank you so much Santa
Love , Jacklyn
hi santa
ReplyDeleteI wanted to say thanks for the lap -top last year but I mean you could have given me a 2011 one I mean dig in your pocket. But I guess you don`t have time because you eat all the cookies up there and maybe even some elves, you never know.
Any way this year I want a 62 inch flat screen TV and this time I want you to get me a new one this year not a 2009 I mean it`s shiny but maybe for you but I want a new one .And just for you I’ll throw in a cookie so then you don`t have to scarf down one of my our wife’s .and I want a cell phone not a $200 one I want a $1000 one, one that has a big M on the back with real diamonds but not fake real R.E.A.L diamonds. And if it breaks I`m sending it back ,and after three times there might not be a big guy in a red velvet suit for as wile OK.
You can put your raindeer on the roof but on the back so you don`t mess up the new shingles And if you come down the chimney you will turn black and not be white. If you come throw the door whip your feet so you don`t run our new hard wood floors like you did last year. So come to my house first and I`ll get the best presents because they will be fresh from the sack. I mean you wouldn`t forget about a child would you, what kind of Santa does that not a good one.
Sincerely: Miss Perfect
December 17th
ReplyDeleteDear Santa,
Hi Santa,I do not really think that I deserve anything this year. So I don’t even know why I’m writing this letter. I hope the elves aren’t working hard.
But if you have any time left over I would really like a new volleyball, the new IPod Nano, An IPad, baseball bat, Books, new baseball glove, fuzzy socks, Egg nog, and Archie Comics.
That is all I want this year. Say hi to the reindeers for me. How are the elves this year? I hope that they get a holiday bonus in their paycheque. They work very hard, unlike me because I never do ANYTHING.
Sincerely,
:)
Dear Santa
ReplyDeleteMy name is Nick. I am 12 years old. My brother’s name is Cole. He is 8 years old. . I am not too sure if you are real.
For Christmas I want Call of Duty Black Ops for my PS3 .
Hope you have a good Christmas .
From ,
Nick
Dear Santa
ReplyDeleteOk Santa listen now I did not get what I wanted last year and I’m frustrated with you your wife and your elf’s. This year I want the same stuff I wanted for the last three years and if I don’t get it I will be frustrated.
This year I want a laptop a quad and a dirt bike. Then when I came to see you at the rink all you gave me is some oranges, suckers, and, mints and they are gross.
When I go to sleep on Christmas Eve I never here you and you never give me any present’s that say Santa on them. So if I don’t get what I want this year I will be really frustrated with you.
From,
Drew
Dear Santa,
ReplyDeleteMy name is Stanley. I am 500 years old and still writing to you. I like to go dinosaur riding and singing about monkeys. I drowned three years ago in the desert on Christmas vacation. My mom thinks I’ve been very good and deserve lots of presents. If I get presents I’ll be mad I hate presents. Has your sleigh been lopsided? Because last year you forgot one of your reindeers at my house. Don’t worry I’ve been feeding him lots of candy canes.
For Christmas I want lots of barbies and Polly pockets. Because I love girly toys even though I’m a BOY!!!!!! I want a fire truck, a dragon, a castle and a donkey. Not like you’d get it for me you never do. Unless you’re going to be really sad and depressed and make me them. Who am I kidding you’re always happy and jolly. Oh and a pony because I love getting trampled to death. I want an encyclopaedia, a pocket protector and a map because it’s my dream to be a nerd. I also want laundry detergent because I do my own laundry. Like that’s believable.
Anyways Santa I guess I should tell you what I really want but I’m sure you’ll figure it out. Remember no presents.
Your friend,
Stanley
Dear Santa
ReplyDeleteSanta have you been having a good year. I hope so. I’ve been having a great year. I’ve gotten all A’s in school and have written a children’s book on how to stay healthy while winter.
I would like a laptop to write all my essays and a daily planner. I don’t want to be greedy but I would also like a filing cabinet. To keep all of my stuff organized.
I hope you have a good Christmas and a great year of 2011 and remember to keep the elves busy. And don’t work too hard.
Sinceraly: Savana
Dear Santa,
ReplyDeleteWhat’s your problem? You are so fat, no wonder you didn’t have time to deliver my presents, you would probably break a hole in the bottom of the sleigh before you could get to my house. Maybe you should lay off the cookies for a while, so that you can bring me my awesome presents. By the way if you don’t bring me my presents this year, there won’t be a Santa left for next year.
For Christmas I need you to get me……..
1.) A dirt bike (preferably a three thousand dollar one)
2.) A Rottweiler (to eat your pants)
3.) An alarm system for around the fireplace (so I know when to get my handcuffs ready)
4.) And another pair of handcuffs (for your feet)
You better have read this letter because I’ll be mad if you didn’t. It will be lots of fun using my handcuffs on you. Oh and will you please get me a cat for Christmas but don’t tell my friends they’ll laugh at me and call me a sissy.
Truly,
Mad dog
Travylarry, you did a great job. It sounded like it was you talking. I liked it when you asked for a pellet gun. You did great!
ReplyDeleteFrom,
Jessiah
Dear Santa,
ReplyDeleteHello there Saint Nickolas, and how are things going for you? Are you keeping up with your schedule? I most certainly hope you are. I know that a lot of people in my class may try to slow you down by including many things onto their wish list. But do not worry, for I wouldn’t do such a thing (or at least try my best not to). I am delighted that I at last get to write to you again after a whole year. Well then, I bet you would like to hear what I would like for this year’s Christmas, am I correct?
For Christmas I would like a new and improved math textbook. Oh, oh, oh! I just remembered something I really wanted! A book on grammar, as well as one of those amazing dictionaries with every English word there has ever been in all of history! In case you haven’t noticed throughout all my letters I have sent you, I love reading. Any large book will satisfy me. Maybe I could also use a specialized laptop with a bunch of history and math facts and games on it.
Alright, well, I guess that must be enough stuff for me. I’m sure you will get at least one thing on my list for me. I must skedaddle now and study for a test now. Good-bye Santa, and have a great Christmas.
Sincerely,
Ima Nerd
Dear Santa,
ReplyDeleteHi Santa! I am a girl in Mrs. Maks’s ELA class. I have shoulder length hair with blue eyes and glasses. I’m soooooo happy! This is my favorite time of year, all the presents, candy, caroling and the big family PARTY!! I am thrilled that I get to send you ALL the things I want/need (mostly want).
--Snowboard
--Cell phone
--IPod touch
--Buckskin horse
--50,000 dollars (so I can buy my family presents and still have plenty over for ME!)
--All the warrior books there ever were!
--A HUGE swimming pool
--I would also love to meet you and the elves! I said that last year but you never let me!! But I hope this year you will.
--A pet wolf
--Make school more fun!
--A lot of horses
-- Kitty cats!
--Might as well a farm with animals but no pigs!
-- (going along with the last one) Sheep, cows, horses, cats, dogs, goats and donkeys!
--I Pad
I am really thrilled that you WILL get me ALL these things. I hope Mrs. Claus is doing great and same with the elves and you too Santa!
By the thrilled
Wacky Jacky
Dear Santa,
ReplyDeleteYou should give me everything in the world because I have been the best kid ever. I’m just kidding but you should send me a couple of things. If you don’t send me anything I will come to the North Pole and take all of the presents. Ha ha just kidding again. But please send me something.
Here are a couple of things I want. I would like a life sized race car. I don’t actually want a life sized one a toy one would be just fine. I also want a pony with a saddle with flowers all over it. NOT. I’m not a little girl. I am 12 years old. Anyways I would also like a 50 story building. I don’t think that is realistic so I just want a dollhouse. If you believed that then you have a bad memory because I said I wasn’t a little girl. I actually want supplies for my tree house.
So you better send me stuff or I am going to take all the presents. If you believed that then you have a super bad memory because I said just kidding. But have a good Christmas and a good flight around the world.
Sincerely,
joshie
Jessih you did awesome!I really liked it.
ReplyDelete